1 tablespoon butter
1 small onion, chopped
½ teaspoon salt
1 medium butternut squash, peeled and chopped
2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped (I like to use sweet apples like Fuji or Gala)
1 teaspoon nutmeg or curry
32 ounces vegetable stock
Toasted pumpkin seeds
A dash of cream
- Sauté the onion in butter over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add the butternut squash, apple, and spices. Stir to combine.
- Add stock and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree soup in a blender (or use an immersion blender) until smooth. If using a blender, be sure not to fill it more than ¾ full at a time.
- Garnish with options of your choice.