• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
• 1 lb carrots, peeled and chopped
• 32 oz vegetable or chicken stock
• 1 14 oz. can of coconut cream or coconut milk
• 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat large skillet to medium high heat. Melt the coconut oil.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook until fragrant and onion is almost clear, about five minutes.
- Add carrots and vegetable stock, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Cook until carrots are nice and soft, about 25 minutes. Slowly stir in coconut milk.
- With an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth. You can also use a regular blender and blend in batches. Add salt to taste, and serve hot.