1 medium eggplant, peeled
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
2 large eggs, whisked
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut the eggplant into 1-inch wide by 2-inch long sticks (1 medium eggplant makes about 40 sticks). Place the cut eggplant sticks on a paper towel for five minutes to absorb any moisture.
3. Making an “assembly line” of three bowls, place the flour and salt in the first bowl, the beaten egg in the second and breadcrumbs and parmesan in the third.
4. Dip the eggplant sticks in the flour mixture, followed by the egg, and then in the breadcrumbs.
5. Place on a cooking rack over a baking sheet and lightly brush with olive oil.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until soft inside and golden outside.
7. Serve with marinara sauce on the side.