Kababs are a great kid-friendly meal because little ones can be part of making it! With this grilled vegetable kabab, you can get the kids involved by letting them assemble the veggies on a stick. You can teach them about the different vegetables you’re using in this recipe as they go along. They’ll have fun making this dish, and more fun eating it!
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut lengthwise into 4 wedges
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound boiled small potatoes
- Mix marinade and let vegetables sit in the marinade for a few hours.
- Layer vegetables on wooden skewers, leaving room at the top and bottom.
- Place on hot grill and let cook for several minutes on each side.