Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are putting our group classes at the Museum on hold, and instead supporting families through virtual classes and hands-on learning kits for your preschooler at home. GCM is excited to bring engaging learning opportunities into your home with our new little explorer kits.
how it works
Recommended for ages three to five years, our little explorers kits are early childhood enrichment classes that have been a cornerstone of GCM’s education programming for many years. While in-person, drop-off classes are not a possibility we are offering children an opportunity to boost their budding independence and to learn through play, practice school readiness skills.
Each month, Greensboro Children’s Museum’s education team will release a new kit themed around a new topic.
Your kit will include:
- 6 – 8 guided activities
- educational toys and games
- all materials are durable and versatile and can be used for guided activities or everythingimaginable!
- See this months offering for everything included in your kit!
about your kit
To create the best experience for your child Greensboro Children’s Museum educators combined their professional experience as teachers, personal experience as parents, and the latest knowledge of early-childhood development to make sure that every kit includes activities that support learning in these key areas: reading, pre-writing, language development, social and emotional development, problem solving, focus and flexibility, and foundations for science and math.
- cost $85 a month + shipping when applicable
- little explorers kits are non-refundable
- shipping and curbside pickup available
- carefully designed to support your child’s learning at this important stage of growth and development