Thanks for your interest in the Cooking School at the Greensboro Children’s Museum! There are two options for creating a cooking experience for a group of your friends, family, or kids:
Option 1: Make an existing class yours
Purchase a block of tickets in an upcoming class. We choose the time and the menu and you save on the ticket price per person. Our class listings, along with prices, can be found on our website. Please note that if your group does not reach the maximum class size, GCM reserves the right to sell any remaining spaces; resulting in a semi-private experience. Call our Kitchen Manager for full details. 336-574-2898 ext 317 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 2: Customize your class
All private classes are 1.5 hours long. Please call the Museum’s Chef Educator (336-574-2898 ext 317 or email email@example.com) to schedule in advance. Please be aware that, due to a large amount of class offerings, your preferred date may not be available. Please allow as much advance notice as possible to schedule your private event.
Choose from the menu below. Content and activities will be modified to fit the skill level and age of your group:
- Veggie Burgers Indulge in the tastiest of homemade garden burgers, using fresh ingredients from the soil and hand made sauces.
- Garden Desserts celebrate your occasion with some tasty treats, inspired by our garden. You can count on cookies, ice cream, along with other in-season delicacies!
- Homemade Rainbow Pasta learn to make pasta from scratch, and work as a team to craft beautiful, vibrantly colored noodles. We’ll use natural colors from our favorite vegetables to dye our pasta, and whip up a sauce to enjoy on top.
- Buddha Bowls Grains, veggies, sauce, oh my! We’ll need all hands on deck to crank out a filling, nutritious meal that we’ll love sharing together.
- Taco “Tuesday” No matter what day of the week it is, tacos make it better. We’ll learn to make tortillas from scratch, filling our taco with all kinds of tasty options.
- Frittatas Forever Meet our productive friends at the ESY, the chickens. We’ll learn about these ladies and how they help us out in the garden. We’ll celebrate their work with some fresh egg frittatas.
- Eat the Season The best way to cook? With the season! Learn a little history, a little botany, a few fun facts and a lot of culinary skills in this indoor and outdoor class.
- Knife Skills (ages 8+) Learn how to wield a knife and prepare a delicious meal through practice, practice, practice! We’ll cover several knife techniques (including the julienne, dice, and chiffonade, among others) and use fresh vegetables from the garden to whip up a feast.
- Tasting: Chocolate (ages 15+) Hone your palate and discover quality characteristics of Theobroma Cacao, the “food of the gods”. We’ll explore the history, process of creation and of course taste many samples!
- Garden Cocktails (ages 21+) Learn the art of crafting a cocktail, drawing inspiration from the botanical wonders in our garden.
birthdays or special occasions
Make it an event to remember! Add 30 minutes to your class time to celebrate. We provide disposable cups, plates and napkins. You are welcome to bring themed party favors, tabletop decorations, and additional snacks. Set up may begin 15 mins prior to your class start time. The birthday party add on requires an additional $50 nonrefundable deposit.
All classes will be taught by the Greensboro Children’s Museum’s Chef Educator.
- Family classes: $40 (1 adult and 1 child) $15 per additional child. Minimum 4 pairs, maximum 8 pairs. Minimum age 3.
- Kids drop off classes: $30 per child. Minimum 8 children, maximum 15 children. Minimum age 6.
- Adult classes: $45 per adult. Minimum 8 adults, maximum 20 adults. Cocktail classes: $65 per adult.
The minimum number of participants must be registered at least 7 days prior to the class date. Additional class participants can be added until 24 hours prior.
Payment is accepted as one lump sum, or a private link may be sent to the party planner, and participants may sign up themselves.
You may BYO(Adult)B to any adult cooking where every participant is over 21 years of age. No alcoholic events are allowed during museum operating hours.
Please notify the instructor of any dietary restrictions of the participants in advance.