A lot has changed around us in the last year, but one thing that remains the same is our commitment to play, learning and exploration. We continue to make every effort to provide children and families with everythingimaginable in a clean safe environment. Learn more about our new procedures.
frequently asked questions
For the safety and wellbeing of our visitors and staff, the Greensboro Children’s Museum will limit attendance in the Museum to 250 visitors.
Additionally, GCM has closely reviewed guidelines from the CDC and NCDHHS to develop robust health and safety practices. Highlights include:
- Cleaning and sanitization of high touch, wipeable surfaces throughout the day.
- Face coverings are required for all visitors and staff, including children ages 3 and older.
- Social distancing floor markers and reminder signage placed throughout the Museum
No! Greensboro Children’s Museum will return to walk up service for both members and visitors. Museum capacity will be capped at 250 visitors at any one time.
- The Greensboro Children’s Museum will limit attendance in the Museum to 250 visitors any one time.
- Social distancing floor markers during the admissions process
- Reminder signage throughout the Museum
- Staff throughout the Museum monitoring the number of visitors in each of the exhibits and encouraging visitors to social distance.
- GCM asks that you be respectful of others spacing and preferences at all times.
All visitors and staff aged three and older are required to wear a face covering throughout their visit to the Museum unless an that visitor or staff member has an exception as listed by the NCDHHS. Face coverings, covering the nose and mouth, are required to be worn indoors and strongly encouraged to be worn outdoors. Face coverings are not required in the Snack Shack while seated and actively eating or drinking. Face coverings for children and adults will be available for purchase at check-in.
Yes, the Outdoor Play Plaza is currently open. As a reminder, visitors must wear closed-toed shoes in order to enter the Outdoor Play Plaza. Further, the Outdoor Play Plaza closes when the heat index hits 100 and during weather events including, but not limited to rain, lightning, thunder, and high winds. Click here to review our complete Outdoor Play Plaza rules. Please plan accordingly.
Yes! To compensate for lost play time, we will be extending all memberships that were purchased between August 2019 and December 2020. To find your new membership expiration date please find your original expiration date and use our membership extension tool below to find your new expiration date. No action is required on your part for this change to take effect and you will be able to check in with your existing membership card. If you do have questions about your membership please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visitors are welcome to bring in outside food and drink. All food and drink can be enjoyed in Snack Shack and on Nannie’s Patio. Visitors are not permitted to consume food and drink (other than water) in play areas. Vending machines will be available in Snack Shack.
Yes, visitors will receive an admissions sticker that will allow them to leave and re-enter the Museum. This admissions sticker is only valid for the day you purchased your ticket.
Lost items will be held for 7 days. Please call 336.574.2898 if you’ve left something behind.
- Due to recent news surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Greensboro Children’s Museum is closely monitoring announcements by officials from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and is enhancing our current cleaning procedures by increasing the frequency in which we clean and sanitize our exhibits, movable props and toys throughout the day. The safety and well-being of our guests is always our top priority.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult (no drop-offs) and all adults must be accompanied by a child. Adults who wish to take a tour of the Museum can do so with a Museum staff escort.
- Interested in climbing on the popular XXL Neptune Climbers. Plan ahead by reviewing our safety rules.
- GCM is a smoke-free campus! There is no smoking permitted in the parking lot, Museum or The Edible Schoolyard.
- Visitor photography is permitted for personal, non-commercial use only. Photography must not disrupt other Museum visitors or staff, and must not limit accessibility to exhibits, entrances/exits, doorways, and high traffic areas. Click here to view our complete photography policy.